Health Resources Centers – your resource for health information
Visit our two convenient mall locations for up-to-date health information and affordable health screenings.
Our NEW HRC calendar combines Johnson City and Kingsport monthly events in one convenient new look.
What is the Health Resources Center (HRC)?
As an outreach service of Mountain States Health Alliance, our Health Resources Centers are open to everyone. Come relax at our comfortable centers and feel free to browse through books and literature to find current health information or chat with our health professionals to get answers to your questions. If we don’t know the answer, we’ll help you find the resource you need. We also offer the following services and programs, and most of them are FREE!
- Daily blood pressure checks
- Health screenings
- Assistance with becoming smoke-free
- Personal nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian
- Diabetes self-management classes
- Support groups
- Health seminars
- Physician lectures
- Healthy cooking classes
- Health library – books and brochures
- Referral information
FREE! For stopping by!
- Safe Sharps containers - for safe disposal of lancets and syringes. When your container is full, return it to the HRC to exchange for an empty one.
- Universal Medication Pocket Card – a handy way to keep a record of your medications
- Yellow Dot decal – the decal, to be displayed on the window of your vehicle, is part of a program designed to supply first responders with your medical information in the event of an emergency. Complete a Yellow Dot Emergency Medical Information form and receive a Yellow Dot decal for your car. Be sure to bring a driver's license or current photo; a copy will be attached to your form for identification purposes.
- BMI (Body Mass Index Chart) – access a copy here online
Who can I talk to at the HRC?
Each HRC location is staffed daily by a caring, experienced registered nurse and other health professionals, including a registered dietitian. Take a look at our monthly calendar and see when physicians and other specialists will be here for health screenings or classes on topics that interest you. All classes are free unless otherwise noted on the calendar, but registration is required. Call 800-888-5551 to register for a class.
Where are the Health Resources Centers?
We have two locations in the Tri-Cities:
- The Mall at Johnson City – The HRC is in the lower level of the mall beside the Belk womens’ store. Some classes and events are held in the Annex located at the back of the mall between the Belk women’s store and the Belk home store. Enter from Parking Lot #17 and look for the green awning.
- Kingsport Town Center – The Indian Path Health Resources Center in Kingsport is located on the upper level of the mall near JCPenney.
When is the HRC open?
Both locations are open Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Want the HRC to provide a speaker or participate in your health fair?
Call the Health Resources Center to use one of the HRC classrooms for a program or an event, invite the HRC to participate in a local health fair, or to ask an HRC representative to speak at your group meeting. We’re glad to help!
Contact the Health Resources Centers
HRC at The Mall at Johnson City, 423-915-5200
HRC at the Kingsport Town Center, 423-857-7981
Health Resources Center Site Map