The Mountain States Earth Care SEED (Sustainable Energy and Environment Department) Award is designed to promote participation and recognize exemplary improvements in environmentally friendly business practices that follow the Green Guiding Principles. Team members, departments or groups inside Mountain States Health Alliance are encouraged to submit projects and ideas they wish to pursue. In addition to recognizing projects, the SEED Award program will also allow MSHA to collect and measure all the good things we are doing for the environment. We use this data and feedback to develop best practices throughout the system.
- Working together or in teams, gather ideas as to what "Green" initiative you wish to pursue. (It would be helpful to have input from your supervisor or facility champion in developing your proposal.)
- Complete all of the required information in the following form.
- Click the "Submit Form" button; you will receive confirmation of your submission.
- Your idea will be reviewed by the Green Steering committee and you will be notified of its approval or recommended adjustments that may need to be considered.
- After approval you can begin implementing your project.
- Once your idea has been fully implemented and results are demonstrated, that department or group is eligible to receive the SEED Award. SEED Award winners will be presented with a plaque by Mountain States Earth Care and the senior leadership of your department.
Note: MSHA will recognize current practices already in place in addition to new initiatives that we are encouraging team members to identify and participate in to support the Earth Care initiative. If you have a practice already in place, please feel free to submit it using the same instructions as above.