Is your child riding SAFE in your car? Take this quiz to find out:
- Is 80 percent of the child safety seat base on the seat of the vehicle?
- Does the seat move more than one inch sideways or toward the front?
- Does the seat have a safety belt or LATCH to hold it securely in place?
- Is the seat installed properly based on instructions from the seat manufacturer AND your vehicle owner's manual?
- Are there toys or pillows that did not come with the safety seat in your child's seat?
- Did you register your new seat so you can be notified of recalls?
- Do you use the correct belt path to secure the seat when using a safety belt?
If you answered "no" to even one question, your child could be at risk for injury.