Why is Handwashing Important?
Think of everything you have touched today - everything that you touch places you in contact with germs. Think of how many foods you eat with your hands - this makes it easy for germs to end up in your mouth. Germs are tiny invaders that make us sick. If you do not wash your hands properly, you may pass germs to your family or friends. So, take time to wash your hands! If the germs go down the drain, they cannot make anyone sick.
When Should You Wash Your Hands?
- When your hands are dirty
- Before eating or touching food
- After using the bathroom
- After blowing your nose or coughing
- After touching pets or other animals
- After playing outside
- After visiting a sick relative