The volunteers at Norton Community Hospital play a very important role, helping us be a leader in improving the health and quality of life in the communities we serve. Working as a team, our volunteers serve our patients, visitors and staff with respect and kindness.
Norton Community Hospital Auxiliary, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization consisting of approximately 35 members. This organization operates the Helping Hands Gift Shop and staffs the hospital information desk, both of which are located in the main lobby of the hospital.
Funds generated in the gift shop are generously donated back to the hospital and the community through a number of worthy causes, including:
- NCH Baby Closet fund, which assists families in need who have just had a newborn
- Coats for Kids, which provides winter coats for school children in need
- Scholarships to Mountain Empire Community College
- Food deliveries for local senior citizens
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House in Johnson City, Tenn.
- Norton Community Hospital Foundation
The Norton Community Hospital Auxiliary, Inc. is a member of the Virginia Association of Healthcare Auxiliaries and Volunteers.