Helping Hands Gift Shop
Helping Hands is the Norton Community Hospital gift shop, run by volunteers. There are many gifts for your loved ones and even treats for yourself, including baby gifts, cards, balloons, books, stuffed animals, purses & bags, jewelry, toiletries, cappuccino, popcorn and candy.
Funds generated in the gift shop are generously donated back to the hospital and the community through a number of worthy causes, including:
- NCH Baby Closet fund, which assists families in need who have just had a newborn
- Coats for Kids, which provides winter coats for school children in need
- Scholarships to Mountain Empire Community College
- Food deliveries for local senior citizens
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House in Johnson City, Tenn.
- Norton Community Hospital Foundation
If you have any questions about Helping Hands, you may call the Gift Store at (276) 439-1290.
To join the Volunteer/Auxiliary Program at Norton Community Hospital, please contact Juanita Rutherford, Director of Patient Resource Management:
Juanita Rutherford, RHIT, CHP
Director of Patient Resource Management
100 15th Street, N.W., Norton, Virginia 24273