Mountain States Synergy Laboratories
Mountain States Synergy Laboratories is proud to offer comprehensive clinical laboratory testing to physicians in private practice, hospitals, research and industry. We can exceed regional and national competitors by offering these services at the local level.
We offer convenient direct lab testing at Smyth County Community Hospital.
What is Direct Access Testing?
Direct Access Testing is a laboratory service that allows an individual to order tests based on their health concerns. Physician referral is not required. It is convenient, affordable and fits into your busy lifestyle. Medicare patients may find this service beneficial, since many screening tests
are not covered or may not be paid because of frequency limits.
How does Direct Access Testing work?
- You order lab tests based on your concerns.
- No doctor’s order or appointments necessary.
- Payment is required at the time of services.
- Accepted forms of payment are cash, credit/debit card or Health Savings Account (HSA) card.
- There are no bills or insurance claims.
- Testing is performed by your local laboratory at Smyth County Community Hospital, which is licensed and accredited by federal and regulatory agencies, insuring accurate and precise results.
- Results are mailed directly to you or you may pick up your easy-to-read resultsat the lab.
- Your records are completely confidential.
What do I do with my results?
Most results will be available within 48 hours. Results can be mailed to you or you may pick them up at your local lab. Most tests have a “reference range” indicating normal and abnormal results. It is recommended that you discuss your results with your health care provider and provide them with a copy of your results to include in your medical records.
If you do not have a health care provider you may visit www.msha.com to find a provider in your area.
Menu of Direct Access Testing
All lab results are sent directly to you. It is recommended that you discuss
your results with your health care provider and provide them with a copy of your results to include in your medical records.
Smyth County Community Hospital
245 Medical Park Drive,
Marion, VA 24354
(lab located on the main floor)
Hours: 5 a.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information or to coordinate arrangements for services, contact us at 276-378-1051.