|The Pharmacy’s Goal is to ensure appropriate drug therapy for the inpatients, ambulatory patients, residents and hospital employees. The pursuance of the goal for pharmaceutical care will be through an ongoing, collaborative, multidisciplinary process that includes Pharmacy, Medical Staff, Administration, Nursing Departments, Respiratory Department, Radiology Department, Dietary Department and other departments as required. The pursuance of the goal for pharmaceutical services will be in compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to the practice of pharmacy.
The scope of pharmaceutical services include inpatients, ambulatory patients, residents and hospital employees from all age groups: infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. The Pharmacy provides pharmaceutical services for Emergency Room, Surgery, Anesthesia, Recovery room, Med-Surg, and Intensive Care Units, Long Term Care Facility, and Employee Prescriptions.
The scope of patient care services provided by pharmacy include:
- Computerized pharmacy service for drug therapy monitoring.
- Computerized medication administration record service.
- IV Admixture Program that includes sterile product preparation of small volume parenterals, special preparations, and premixed large volume parenterals. Sterile product preparation of total parenteral nutrition for central and peripheral administration is provided with monitoring of daily therapy.
- Patient and Staff education.
- Community education – Diabetic Classes.
- Medication misadventures monitoring – Adverse Drug Reactions & Medication Errors.
- Performance Improvement.
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee/Medical Staff Drug Usage Evaluation (DUE) & Drug Protocols.
- Programs provided: Drug/Drug Interactions, Food/Drug Interactions, and Patient Education Information. Drug Information Resource. Drug procurement and Inventory & Formulary Management. TennCare Billing for LTC.
- Clinical Applications: Allergy Check, Duplication of Therapy, Estimated Creatinine Clearance, Serum Level Monitoring, Physician Interventions, Gentamicin and Vancomycin Monitoring, Patient demographic data monitoring, Drug Recall monitoring and Computer Interface with Laboratory and X-Ray.
- Pump Management: IV Infusion Pumps and Patient Controlled Analgesia Pain Pumps & Epidural Infusion Pump.