- Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Indian Path Medical Center, Kingsport, Tenn.
- Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Johnson County Community Hospital, Mountain City, Tenn.
- Niswonger Children’s Hospital, Johnson City, Tenn.
- James H. & Cecile C. Quillen Rehabilitation Hospital, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital, Elizabethton, Tenn.
- Woodridge Hospital, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Dickenson Community Hospital, Clintwood, Va.
- Johnston Memorial Hospital, Abingdon, Va.
- Norton Community Hospital, Norton, Va.
- Russell County Medical Center, Lebanon, Va.
- Smyth County Community Hospital, Marion, Va.
Your one number to call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for:
- Referrals to all MSHA medical staff for emergent and non-emergent consultation. We will coordinate the call between the physicians.
- Completion of all logistics regarding the move to an MSHA facility, once a patient transfer is agreed upon.
- Rapid access to tertiary care through
Wings Air Rescue.
- Coordination of admission: obtaining room assignment and initiating nursing report.
- Access to information regarding a
- Information regarding the special services provided at any of Mountain States Health Alliance’s hospitals or affiliated physician practices located in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
As a physician, MD Link can help you with:
One Call Does It All
MD Link will handle every aspect of your patient transfer. And as a part of Mountain States Health Alliance, we can offer you a choice of 13 hospitals geographically distributed across Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Level I Trauma Services
Johnson City Medical Center, a regional tertiary care center and teaching hospital, is a state-designated Level I trauma center, the highest level of state designation. The Level I Trauma Center at JCMC offers immediate access to in-house surgeons, anesthesiologists and emergency medicine specialists, plus a full range of specialty surgeries, services and personnel.
Wings Air Rescue
Our Wings team is an advanced life support air transport service covering a 125-mile radius with four bases throughout the region. Patients requiring this service receive immediate medical attention and transport by helicopter to the nearest Level I Trauma facility or other facility as appropriate.
Rapid patient transfer options:
Referrals & Emergency Admissions
If patient transfer is required, our staff will manage the arrangements. Our admitting department and the nurse assigned to the patient will be notified and will be ready for your patient on arrival.
MD Link gives you immediate access to:
- Hospital services
- Tertiary care
- Level I Trauma services
- Other resources available through MSHA
Trained staff will direct you to the appropriate physician or service.