OWL Frequently Asked Questions -- Hospital Patients
1. Who is eligible for an OWL account?
- At this time, only patients who are admitted to any participating Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA) hospital on or after April 1, 2014 are eligible for an OWL account. As OWL continues to evolve, individuals who complete an outpatient procedure at any participating MSHA facility, or visit their Mountain States Medical Group (MSMG) physician will be able to register for an account.
2. Can my child have an OWL account?
- At this time, only patients 18 years of age and older will be able to register for an OWL account.
3. What information is on the OWL?
- Patients will be able to view a Continuity of Care Document (CCD) which provides a summary of the hospital visit. The CCD will have a current problems list, medication, laboratory/radiology reports, recent immunizations, and recent medical history. Some laboratory/radiology reports will not be released to the OWL due to their sensitive nature.
4. Is my information secure?
- The OWL has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control. These measures include encryption of data using the Secure Socket Layer(SSL) system. A secure messaging service is used when personal information is sent electronically.
5. Does my doctor participate in the OWL?
- At this time, OWL is only available as a service for inpatients at any participating MSHA hospital.
As OWL evolves, MSMG clinics and outpatient services will be add to OWL.
6. When will I be able to see my results?
- Most results from testing will be posted within five business days. However, some tests require more time to analyze and will not fall within the five business days category. Tests with sensitive results such as pregnancy, STD testing, alcohol, and drug test will not be released to the OWL.
7. How can I register for an Online Wellness Link (OWL) account?
- To register, you must be admitted to any participating MSHA hospital on or after April, 1, 2014 and complete a registration form upon discharge. As OWL evolves, you will be able to register for an account upon completion of an outpatient service or by visiting your MSMG physician.
8. How do I log into the portal as a returning user?
9. How do I change my password?
- To change your password, click the “Change Password” link on the Online Wellness Link (OWL) home page. You will be prompted to enter your old password, and to confirm your new password by typing it twice. Your new password will be set when you click OK.
10. How do I change my address/phone number/email address?
- To update your personal information, click the “Profile” link on the left side of the Online Wellness Link(OWL) home page. This will bring up your User Information page. Click the “Edit User” button at the bottom of this page, and you will be able to change your date of birth, address, phone numbers, and email address. If your demographic information has changed, please contact your provider's office to update this information.
11. When will my registration form be processed?
- It could take up to five business days from the receipt of your verification form. If you would like to check your registration status, you can contact OWL Patient Support by email at OWL@msha.com or by calling 423-302-2OWL, 844-OWL-MSHA.
12. It has been more than five business days and I still haven’t received a response.
- Once your registration form is processed, a welcome email will be sent with the information verification link and an OWL account access link. You may need to check your “spam” folder and adjust your privacy setting to allow emails from OWL into your inbox. If you need assistance adjusting this setting, please contact your email provider.
OWL Frequently Asked Questions -- Mountain States Medical Group (MSMG) Clinics
Please check back for more information regarding the OWL and MSMG clinics. Thank you.