Basic Life Support Instructor Course
The Basic Life Support Instructor Course is designed for BLS providers who have been identified during a provider class as having instructor potential. This course will prepare you to move from a provider to an instructor through discussions, simulation and practice with various teaching situations and environments.
Topics covered will be:
- Effective communication skills
- Instructional settings and presentationsMa
- Management of the learning environment
- Setting student expectations, engaging students and motivating students
- American Heart Association relationships and organization
Course Length: 14 - 16 hours
Required/suggested Materials: Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care (strongly suggested)
- Basic Life Support Provider Manuals
- Basic Life Support Instructor Manual
- Certificate from AHA Core Instructor Course
- Current BLS Provider Manuals and Instructor Manual
Card type: Instructor Card
Exam: Skills covering BLS performance, simulated teaching of material, demonstration of provider and teaching skills. Written score of 90% on multiple-choice test.
Contact hours: 5.75
For more information call 423-431-7159 or 423-431-7147 or e-mail email@example.com.