Cath Lab/Interventional Holding team members recognize that family/visitor participation and involvement is an important part of patient care. Therefore, families will be permitted to visit with the patients as much as possible without violating confidentiality of or infringing on the rights of other patients.
- One adult family member/visitor of the patient's choice may stay in the room in Interventional Holding before and after the procedure.
- Each patient may have a total of two (2) visitors for 15 minutes at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m., 10 p.m.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to visit.
- Visitation maybe allowed less frequently based on patient condition, physician request and procedures being performed in the department. Please note that if you are asked to step out of the unit you will be allowed to come back in as soon as possible.
- Smoking is allowed only in your personal vehicle.
- Meals and snacks may be taken in the waiting room at the tables provided or in the Spice of Life Cafeteria. Please do not have food or drink in other sections of the waiting room.
- Einstein Bros Bagels is located in the waiting room as well.
- A closet with a lock is provided in Interventional Holding for the patients' belongings. However,
anything especially valuable should be held by the family member/visitor of the patient's choice. Fresh flowers or plants are not allowed in Interventional Holding.
- The use of cell phones and pagers should be limited to the waiting area or the hallway outside Interventional Holding.
- Please do not hesitate to let a team member know if you have additional questions or need anything during your stay.
During the Procedure
While your loved one is in the procedure, you will be taken to a consultation room. Please remain there to ensure that you receive all updates and that you do not miss the doctor when the procedure is finished. In order to protect the privacy of our patients, medical information may only be obtained by speaking in person to the nurse or doctor.