The Night Before Surgery
Do Not Eat or Drink
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, EVEN WATER, unless otherwise instructed to do so. No chewing gum. Please do not smoke 24 hours prior to your surgery.
Please do not shave the operative leg three days prior to surgery. The night before or the morning of surgery, wash the operative leg with an antibacterial soap.
NOTE: If your procedure is in the warmer months, please be cautious of bug bites. Any open area on the operative site could result in surgery cancellation.
What to Bring to the Hospital
Personal hygiene items (toothbrush, powder, deodorant) comfortable clothes, and well-fitted, slip-resistant shoes.
You must bring the following to the hospital:
- Your patient NoteBook
- A copy of your Advance Directives
- Your insurance card, driver's license or photo I.D., and any copayment required by your Insurance company
- Please leave jewelry, valuables, and large amounts of money at home
- Makeup must be removed before your procedure
- Nail polish may be left on
Parking is available in visitor lots for free.