How is an MRI Performed?
- You may be asked to change into a hospital gown.
- Remove any jewelry, eyeglasses or other metal objects. If possible, leave valuables at home.
- You will need to remain still during the scan.
- The entire exam is usually completed within 45 minutes.
- Your exam may require a contrast media, which will need to be injected through an intravenous (IV) line. It helps make a clearer picture.
- Women should always tell the technologist if there is any possibility that
they are or might be pregnant or if they are breastfeeding.
You should inform the technologist of any allergies, medications or medical conditions.
The radiologist will review the images and send a report to your physician.
Our goal is to complete the interpretation within 48 hours of completion of exam.