What Should I do to Prepare?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or if you are a nursing mother.
- Wear comfortable clothing in layers, preferably without metal zippers, snaps and belts.
- Take any prescribed medications on the day of your test, except for diabetic medications or any liquid medications containing sugar.
- Tell your doctor and technologist if you are diabetic. If you are diabetic, you will need to speak to someone in the PET department prior to your exam.
- Do not eat or drink anything 6 hours prior to exam, except for water only. No coffee, gum, candy, etc.
- Please drink water, 24-30 ounces, starting 2 hours before your scan. You may use the restroom at anytime.
- Low carbohydrate meals 24 hours prior to exam.
- No strenuous activities 24 hours prior to the scan.