Preparations for Ultrasound
- For ultrasound of the aorta, you may need to avoid eating for eight hours before the test.
Gallbladder, Liver, Spleen & Pancreas (Adult)
- Do not eat or drink eight (8) hours before exam
- For a study of the liver, gallbladder, spleen and pancreas, you may be asked to eat a fat-free meal the evening before the test and then to avoid eating for eight hours before the test.
- For pregnancies under 13 weeks no preparation for the exam is required
- For pregnancies over 13 weeks preparation is required.
- Drink 32 oz. of non-carbonated fluids one(1) hour prior to exam.
- Do not empty bladder during this hour. Exam requires full bladder.
- Drink 32 oz. of on-carbonated fluids one(1) hour prior to exam and do not empty bladder
- For ultrasound of the kidneys, you may be asked to drink four to six glasses of liquid about an hour before the test.
Stereotatic Breast Biopsy
- You may eat a light breakfast on the day of your procedure.
- Wear a two-piece outfit on the day of your stereotactic procedure.
- Avoid using talcum powder or deodorant on the day of your biopsy.
- Since you will be lying on your stomach during this procedure, you will be asked to empty your bladder prior to beginning the test.
- Many patients prefer to bring someone along to drive them home.