Mountain States Health Alliance Sleep Centers
||Do you have trouble sleeping? Take the Sleep Quiz to find out if you may have a sleep disorder.
Don’t lose another minute of sleep. A good night’s rest is directly related to your overall health. If you have a sleep disorder or think you might, talk with your doctor to see about getting help, or call the Center for Sleep Disorders. Sleep issues can dramatically affect your quality of life.
A good night’s rest is directly related to your overall health and well-being. One-third of all Americans have a sleep disorder at some time in their lives. There are many types of sleep-related problems. Some keep people tossing and turning, unable to sleep through most of the night. Others find themselves tired and miserable even after a full night’s sleep. Some people are not even aware that symptoms such as headaches and lack of concentration may be related to a sleep disorder.
For people with sleep problems, it means that Center for Sleep Disorders staff is highly skilled in sleep medicine. We are here to help insure quality and that our patients get results. If you have a sleep disorder, talk with your doctor to see about getting help.
Can you hold your breath for 30 seconds 300 times a night?
Did you know?
Adults with sleep apnea also may complain of memory problems, morning headaches, mood swings or feelings of depression, a need to urinate frequently at night and a decreased interest in sex. Children with untreated sleep apnea may be hyperactive and may be diagnosed with attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- 50% of congestive heart failure patients have sleep apnea.
- 80% of diabetic patients were found to have undiagnosed moderate to severe sleep apnea.
- 50% of hypertensive patients have undiagnosed sleep apnea.
- People with untreated sleep apnea have twice the risk of stroke.
- People with untreated sleep apnea have five times the risk of a fatal heart attack.
- People with untreated sleep apnea have six times the risk of being involved in a serious or fatal traffic accident.