procedures vary, from collagen injections in the lip to face implants
to Botox injections. Facial procedures are usually performed by
a specializing facial plastic surgeon. Some dermatological procedures
are performed by a plastic surgeon who specializes in dermatology.
- Botox injections, short for botulim toxin, involve injecting
the toxin into the muscles of the face to produce temporary lack
of feeling and erasure of wrinkles.
- Facelifts smooth the face and neck out with the removal of
excess fat and skin and tightening.
- Face implants change the basic shape of the face by shaping
implants to build different jawlines, cheekbones or chins.
- Collagen injections inject collagen from elsewhere in the body
or from an outside source into the lips to make them fuller.
- Dermabrasion is a dermatologically based procedure that resurfaces
the skin by brushing it with a rough-edged wheel and removing
the several top layers of the skin and allowing new skin to grow.
- A chemical peel is the skin resurfacing process that removes
the top layers of the skin with a chemical solution and can remove
wrinkles, scarring, skin growths, pigment changes and more.
Click below to read about related topics.